Stains Carpet Cleaning Redondo Beach
What to do when a spill happens?
Let’s face it who does not get a spill now and then from over excited kids, family, friends or during the occasional party. Accidents are bound to happen and this post is to help. First thing we need to do is not panic when we get an unfortunate spill. Carpets are like any textile. However carpets cannot be thrown into the washing machine for a quick clean. They are attached to your flooring and more than likely have padding underneath them.
They require proper care to maintain their original beauty. There are three main things that you can do to maintain your Upholstery: 1- vacuum regularly, 2- clean spills immediately, and 3- have your upholstery professionally cleaned at least once a year.
What to do when a spill happens:
- Take up as much of the spill as possible using a towel, or a clean rag, or a clean cloth.
- Then gently press a clean towel, or a rag, or a cloth into the spill, apply pressure and try to remove as much of the spills moisture as possible. DO NOT SCRUB! No matter how badly you want to (lol) just resist because scrubbing can cause damage to the fibers of your carpet or rug, and may set the stain permanently into your carpeting or rug.
- Next add warm water, (or soda water if you have it on hand) to the spill. Make sure the water is not to hot as this will also set the stain. Then start slowly blotting (applying pressure in different areas of spill) the stain until color stops transferring to the cloth.
- If the stain persists, make a detergent solution by adding a ¼ tsp of dishwashing liquid to 1 cup of warm water.
5 . Apply the solution to the spill and let sit for 5 minutes, and then rinse with warm water. Repeat until all the solution is removed.
- Place paper towel on the spill to absorb the liquid. Weigh down the towels and let sit overnight.
- Once the carpet is dry, vacuum to restore the texture.
- If the stain persists, repeat step 3 through 7.
- If this does not work then call a professional
We are the Upholstery Cleaners who have been Cleaning and Protecting Home Interiors in the Los Angeles area for over 65 years.
Trust your home to a local company who respects your house as if it were their own
Clean-LA provides the absolute best carpet cleaning in Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Torrance, Hermosa Beach, Palos Verdes, Rancho Palos Verdes. We feel it is our obligation to give back to the community so we have started this informative blog to help families. Carpet cleaning is or passion and we strive to give our customers the lowest prices while still allowing us to stay in business.
We Service: Residential homes and apartments, Commercial properties which include – office buildings, industrial property, medical offices, medical centers, hotels, motels, malls, retail stores, churches…you name it – we clean it!
Carpet Cleaning in Los Angeles and the Greater Los Angeles area requires the best carpet cleaner because that is what our customers deserve. Clean-LA.com is constantly striving to improve the quality of the carpet cleaning service that we offer. There are always Carpet Cleaners out there that claim one thing and then do another. Clean-LA always delivers the best carpet cleaning service for the amount that we charge.
Clean-LA has a variety of services that we offer: carpet cleaning, tile cleaning, upholstery cleaning, grout cleaning, water damage, air duct cleaning, area rug cleaning.